Alternative Email Port 26
Posted by PremiumReseller.com on 27 September 2009 02:38 PM
When you add email in Microsoft Outlook or other email client software, SMTP port is 25, POP3 port is 110.
Some ISPs block port 25 to force users to use their email server.
In that case, you can configure email clien to connect SMTP via port 26.
Micosoft Outlook Instruction:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007. From the Tools menu select Account Settings.
2. Select your account under the E-mail tab, then click Change button.
3. The Internet E-mail Settings dialog box appears, showing the settings for your existing account. Click the More Settings button.
4. Go to Advanced tab, under Outgoing server (SMTP), change port 25 to 26.
5. Click OK button to apply the change.
SMTP & POP3 server are mail.your-domain.com