How to create FTP account
Posted by PremiumReseller on 21 May 2013 02:17 AM
Instruction to set up new FTP account on Windows IIS server
1. Log in Remote Desktop
2. Create new user account on the server for ftp login.
3. Open IIS Manager, navigtate to Sites -> Default FTP Site
4. Right Click on Default FTP Site, select Add Virtual Directory
5. Input Alias as ftp username created in step 2, browse physical path to home folder of ftp user, then press OK.
6. Select FTP Authorization rules of the new virtual directory and add read/write permission for ftp user.
7. Use Windows Explorer to add permission for ftp user on FTP home folder
8. Test FTP login.
Please note server must have IIS installed and port 20, 21 opened for ftp connection.