Disable binding all ips on IIS 6
Posted by PremiumReseller.com on 01 March 2009 10:28 AM
IIS 6 bind all ips available on server by default.
As a result you cannot run any other application on port 80 like webmail service or apache server.
You need admin support tool httpcfg.exe from Windows 2003 Install CD to configure IIS to listen to specific ips
1. Open a command prompt window
2. Type the following, where xxx.xxx.x.x is the IP address you want to add:
3. After the IP address is added, use the following command to list it:
4. After adding all ips for IIS service, run the following command to restart IIS
You can download httpcfg.exe tool at http://support.premiumreseller.com/httpcfg.exe
On IIS 5, you can disable socker pooling so IIS will not bind all ips
1. At a command prompt, switch to the "C:\InetPub\AdminScripts" folder.