Knowledgebase: Windows Server & VPS
How to add a website in IIS 7.5
Posted by PremiumReseller.com on 10 June 2011 04:38 PM
This knowledgebase article will give you step by step instruction how to add a website in IIS7|
To keep your server organized, you should create a folder C:\Websites to keep all websites together.
1. After login your server, open IIS Manager. Start Menu -> Administator Tools -> IIS Manager.
2. On the "Connections" panel, expand server, right click "Sites", then select "Add Web Site"
3. In "Add Web Site" window, enter a friendly name (your-website.com) in Site name box.
4. Select application pool with correct ASP.NET version for your website.
5. Physical path: enter physical path of website folder C:\Websites\your-website.com, or click the browse button [...] to navigate server to locate the folder.
6. Select the protocol for the site from the "Type" drop down.
7. IP address: leave default value Unassigned for default website or select specific IP address (shared IP / Dedicated IP).
8. Leave the port number as 80.
9. Host name: if you want to host your-website.com, type your-website.com as host header.
10. Select Start Web site immediately checkbox.
11. Click OK to finish.